My experience with WhatsApp just got better lately, mainly because they now provide web client. Finally now we can use WhatsApp on your laptop and sync with your phone.
“Our web client is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device — this means all of your messages still live on your phone,” WhatsApp said in their official blog.
How to use it, and what you need to know
What you need :
- A phone running on Android, BlackBerry, Nokia S60 or Windows Phone. Yes WhatsApp Web won’t work with iOS mainly because of Apple restriction on iOS.
- Google Chrome WhatsApp Web works on Windows, Linux and Mac but it only support Chrome for now.
- Latest version of WhatsApp on your phone.
- Your phone must be connected to Internet all the time.
How to start :
- Open your Chrome browser to https://web.whatsapp.com/.
- On your phone WhatsApp, tap Menu > WhatsApp Web (Android), for Blackberry users slide from top to bottom and just tap WhatsApp Web icon and scan the barcode on your laptop screen.
WHATSAPP WEB SCREENSHOT – BB
There are several limitations to WhatsApp Web now, but overall this new feature helped me a lot. While i don’t need to recheck my phone every several minutes, and just focusing on my laptop on works. Also waiting for these feature to be enabled on Blackberry Blends.
UPDATE 1 : somehow the Whatsapp on web still have some bugs, which is can’t write an email address – any text you write after email address will be deleted. The others bugs is about photo privacy and sync issue as mention by thehackernews.